Thursday, March 3, 2011

40? Really?

Can't even believe it, but I am 40 today.

 My darling assistant at school baked a cake with sprinkles, had me blow out candles, and the kids sang to me. Of course, their favorite part was eating that yummy chocolate cake!

I happily collected smiles, hugs, and giggles from each of my little 4 and 5 year old sweeties at school. They keep me feeling young, which I need these days. LOL.

This certainly is a milestone birthday, and I am taking it in stride.

Thank you to all my friends and family for the birthday wishes, the cards in the mail, and lots of facebook greetings!

{mom, GG, sent a "preliminary" text until we can chat later today, it really made me SMILE.}

Tonight, Kev and I are spending this birthday by having some QT time together watching a movie at home with take out. These days, that sounds like a GREAT date to me.

Will this be my last birthday without a little one in the house? Will there be one more without the baby? I am taking stock of each holiday and special day as they come along this year wondering if it will be mine and Kev's last one as a "family of two", before the baby arrives. ...bittersweet.

Thanks everyone for the wishes. Blessings, Lynette

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Hoping that on your next birthday you'll have a little one in your arms! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing the comment love. {Please, keep it positive.}