Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Preschool Teacher, and the many other hats I wear!

I am a preschool teacher and I adore my job, and the little children I care for. I've been doing this job for over 18 years now, in various capacities, and I can do it practically with my eyes shut (though that is not advised...LOL)


I also have a couple of other jobs including my portrait and event photography which will be slowing down now as I dedicate the time and money that photography demanded instead to my adoption plan.

And my third job is custodian of my church: Calvary Baptisit Church in oceanport NJ.
It is wonderful to be able to prepare the church for activities, and worship!


{My etsy shop is on ice for a while, though it is a great, creative resource and I hope to return to it later}


Needless to say, I pour myself into all of my jobs and it is hard work. I do get tired. Nap, anyone?


Kev's paychecks are dedicated to our living expenses, and when  he has over time he sends money into the adoption fund.


Pretty much almost ALL of my paychecks are being redirected to the adoption fund. 

Truly, I am working to bring my baby home! 

And once he or she is home, I will do the "stay at home mom" thing while Bundle is very little, keeping only the church job.

{I can bring him or her over to church with me depending on the work I need to do, or if Kev is home, the church is practically across the street, so I will be right nearby and baby will be with daddy.}


Preschool is my world and has always been, so I am sure that will remain ever present in one way or another..I can't wait to see what the Lord does in this area!


I derive joy from all I do at every job I have, they are each physical and emotional hard work, but each give me a sense of helping others, creativity, and satisfaction in a job well done.

For a look into my world, here is a little video about our rainbow that my four and five year olds made in class. It brings me such happiness to look at the work of their hands. The director Miss Dee, my assistant Janet, and I all looked at it and smiled knowing it was very child-made. The children are tickled to see it covering a huge part of our giant classroom bulletin board.

pop over to youtube to view it: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpPHegW88As

 Blessings, Lynette

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynette,
    You left a comment on my blog (www.debwolf.blogspot.com) asking about my Oatmeal Muffins. Yes, the oatmeal is cooked, wet oatmeal. If you don't have any leftover, just make up some and let it cool. Slow cooker oatmeal is made with Irish Oats or Steel Cut Oats. I got a great deal on a tin with coupons, so I got to try it making it in the slow cooker (where regular oats turn to mush).

    I live in Huntley, IL which is about 45 minutes west of O'Hare Airport, 70 minutes northwest of Chicago. Our area is mostly farmland, slowly becoming a Chicago suburb. Our claims to fame are the Outlet Mall, a Del Webb Sun City (which tripled our population), a terrific Tex-Mex place called Del Toros and some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

    Praying that God will answer your adoption prayers very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing the comment love. {Please, keep it positive.}