Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

After posting a comment over here I got to thinking about how Kev and I need to work on the house for this spring.

Every spring we try to make our sweet home look even more darling.

But after this cold, snowy, wet, bitter winter we had the yard is looking terribly worn out.

(flashback to last summer and the water restrictions, that was not pretty either)

In general I leave the grass to Kev; but together we tried to do a mulch border-design thing that I came up with, and we added the pathway lights that I affectionately call "the runway".

I am mostly in charge of flowers.

Right now I am looking forward to a nice spring decoration on the front door, cleaning up the front walk, adding some spring flowers in pots in order to spruce it up for it's big picture day.

You heard me right, the house has a picture day appointment with mama. We need to attach a picture file to our Holt application.

I wonder if I can get the dog to sit still in front of the house? (doubtful...though she would up the "cute" factor).

I know too that our dear neighbors would love to see the right hand side of the driveway fixed up. That was on the list last year and did not get done, so add that to this year and move it up to the top of the list.

We really do think our neighbors are awesome, on one side the cabana boy a nice young guy, and on the other side a terrific family who had grown through adoption.

The mom of that house is dog whisperer to our Chapeau who we also call Posie...when a situation with Posie reaches critical stage, all we need to do is call upon Debbie who leaps into action...

Deb is stealthy too, sometimes she knows we need her before we even know we do; she suddenly "shows up" and gets our doggie girl in shape. I am convinced that she is wearing an invisible super hero cape every time!! 

While I have a huge crush soft spot in my heart for Cesar Milan, he's got nothing on my neighbor when it comes to our excitable and sweet Posie.



Happy Spring everyone!!


Blessings, Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing the comment love. {Please, keep it positive.}